What is the relationship between Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization?
• The first relationship between SDN and NFV, NFV’s conception is originated from SDN
• SDN and NFV works independently from each other or works together properly. Both design don’t depend each other.
• Their approaches are different but they have similar goals.
• When we compare management/virtualization of large networks between both, it can be much easier with SDN.
• SDN has a need some updates; which are new interfaces, control modules and applications. NFV needs to move network applications from dedicated to virtual containers on commercial off the shelf hardware.
• NFV doesn’t have too much debate, but multiple flavors of SDN resulting in a debate.
• The last thing; SDN is the future and NFV is present.